Thursday, July 2, 2015

Week 7:Chaos Theory

Ordered Chaos

I find ordered chaos through out my life.  As a child, I really liked how my room looked with thinks strewn here and there, and I knew exactly where everything was. When I had to organize my room, I could never find things as quickly as when it was messy.  I have also tested the theory of ordered chaos in the checkout line at the grocery store  I purposely chose the longest line in the grocery store and was out of there faster.  This event occurred during peak hours and I was astonished it was still faster than if I had chosen the shorter line.  Amazing!! I am of the mind that if a enough chaos interacts with more chaos, some form of organization is bound to occur to make the most efficient use of the energy available.

Fractals as patterns of complex systems?

My thinking is that a fractal is a microcosm of a complex system. A fractal of itself is a very complicated pattern proven through complicated mathematical terms.  Thanks to fractal geometry, geometry has expanded greatly. Fractals may give us an insight into chaos.  Fractals  have a rough or irregular quality on a geometric object  part which can be divided evenlyno matter how scaled down or magnified.

A really fun website I wanted to share with all of y'all

http://fractal.org/

Cool Experiments: Fun with Flatware--Knife experiement

This one by far my favorite because my dog, Nami chased the reflection around the house and made the experiment more endearing.  I found the reflection interesting in how it distorted the images.  Before the only experiment I tried with my silver was hanging a metal spoon on the end of my nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment