Thursday, July 2, 2015

Week 6: Vibrations

Are all vibrations "good?"

Good is a subjective term, and the better term to describe vibrations is efficient. The way I interpret vibrations is that they are another form of communication felt. Vibrations provide a boundary for all objects in the universe to communicate.  One can tune in to the vibration that makes the object thrive or discover the vibration that will make the object  consume more tension than it can handle and disperse leaving behind a tattered vibration.

Resonance in my world

I don't think I truly appreciated resonance in my world until we discussed it in  class.  I realized there is a lot of potential to be had by understanding resonance.  We can prevent architectural disaster such as the Nimitz Freeway  or the Tacoma Bridge Narrows Bridge from collapsing.   Resonance can be used for healing purposes.  I'm really curious how sound healing fairs in TCM.  Research has shown that eleco-acupuncture has higher sucess rate than traditional acupunture treats.  I wonder what the comparision rate would be between tuning forks on acupuncture used through TCM diagnosis and treatmen.  I have yet to find any research comparing two.

Connections between Energy and Qi

In many respects, I think energy and qi are well matched.  Both words bring up a surge of inquiries.  For example energy has a physical manifestation such as electricity and a non-physical manifestation such as love.  Qi has many definitions in TCM and one of the physical manifestations of qi is air(wind) while a non-physical manifestation of qi is consciousness. I also think the words get misused also in the press and advertisement in an attempt to bridge the gap between eastern and western cultures, and this is where a lot of the debate stem from.

No comments:

Post a Comment